- 2 servings of dry pasta of choice
- 1/ 2 cup dry lentils
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/ 2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon tahini OR 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk OR 1/4 cup hummus
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- Handful of greens of choice
In a sauce pan add lentils and veggie broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes on low heat with a lid.
In a separate pot cook pasta according to package.
For the lentils, remove lid and add tomato paste and all seasonings. Stir to combine and add tahini (or substitution of choice) and greens. Stir once more and simmer for 5 minutes.
Once pasta is cooked, reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water and drain the pasta. Add pasta and pasta water to the pan with the lentils. Stir to evenly coat pasta with the sauce. Serve with addition toppings of choice.