"it may be a new decade, but avocado toast will forever have my heart"
Cheesy Avocado Toast
A Note from Feedfeed
Why pay $8 for a slice of avo toast at your local cafe when you can make one that's just as delicious right at home? Everybody can agree that there's no breakfast quite like avocado toast!
If you're feeling up for it, crank out a few jammy eggs to top off your toast!
Prep time 5mins
Cook time 5mins
Serves or Makes: 1-2
- 3 slices bread, of choice, lightly toasted
- 1/ 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/ 4 cup parsley, finely chopped, to taste
- 1/ 4 cup dill, finely chopped, to taste
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely diced, or 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- 1/ 4 cup whole grain mustard, or to taste
- 1 avocado, very thinly sliced
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
Mix cheese, herbs and jalapeño together. Season with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
Spread mustard on each piece of toast. Put under broiler for 10-15 seconds to brown the mustard slightly. Add 1/3 of the cheese mixture to each slice, return to the oven, and broil until cheese is melted.
Top each piece of toast with avocado and radish. Add more herbs or seasoning to taste.