This recipe is featured in our Weekly Meal Planner Email Newsletter. Sign up for it here to have 6 great dinner recipes (along with a full shopping list) delivered to your inbox every Sunday!
- 3 cucumbers peeled (I used Persian cucumbers)
- 1/ 2 large red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded
- 2 pounds very ripe red tomatoes, preferably heirloom, cut into ½-inch wedges.
- 1/ 2 large shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Quartered cherry tomatoes, chopped avocados, handful of pepitas for styling. Crusty bread (for serving)
Coarsely chop the cucumbers and place in a large bowl. Cut one-quarter of the bell pepper into ¼" pieces and set aside for serving; coarsely chop remaining bell pepper and add to bowl with chopped cucumber. Add tomatoes to bowl and toss with shallot, garlic, 2 Tbsp. vinegar, and 1 Tbsp. salt. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature to let flavors meld.
Transfer tomato mixture along with any accumulated juices to a blender. Add 3 Tbsp. oil and purée on medium speed until smooth; season with salt and vinegar, if desired. Cool the soup for about 1 hour before serving.
Divide gazpacho among bowls. Top with cherry tomatoes, avocado pieces, cucumber, and red pepper pieces, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Add some chopped purple onions, hemp seeds and pepitas if desired. Serve with bread and lime wedges alongside. Enjoy!