Harvest Salad with Sweet Potato and Lentils
Now THIS is a dinner salad! Packed with plant based protein, healthy fats and fresh vegetables you won't be disappointed when this salad hits the table! Mix in a variety of different salad greens, briny olives and artichoke hearts, roasted sweet potato, crunchy cucumbers and hearty lentils for an easy vegan dinner any night of the week.
- 4 cups baby kale
- 2 cups pea shoots
- 2 sweet potatoes, roasted and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Persian cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked green lentils
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup olives
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts
For the Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, packed
- 1 tablespoon vegan yogurt
- 1/3 cup water, to adjust the consistency
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
Add greens, sweet potatoes, cucumbers, lentils, tomatoes, avocado, olives and artichoke hearts to a large mixing bowl.
Add avocado, lemon juice, cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper to a blender and blend until smooth. Adjust the consistency with water if too thick. Drizzle over salad and toss to combine.