For the Avocado Chimichurri
- 1/ 2 cup olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/ 4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and pepper, as needed
For the Spicy Shrimp Tacos
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/ 2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons avocado or grapeseed oil
- 8 small corn or flour tortillas
- jalapenos, sliced, for garnish
- cotija cheese, for garnish
- pickled red onions, for garnish
- purple cabbage, thinly sliced, for garnish
To make the avocado chimichurri, combine the olive oil, avocado, parsley, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, and crushed red pepper flakes in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Season the shrimp with cayenne pepper, cumin, paprika, and sea salt.
Over medium heat, in a large skillet, heat the avocado or grapeseed oil. Sauté the shrimp for 7-8 minutes or until fully cooked.
To assemble the tacos, first place a row of purple cabbage on each tortilla. Add a row of shrimp, and then top with jalapenos, red onions and cotija. Finish the tacos with a drizzle of avocado chimichurri.
Tip: If you have a gas stove, you can “grill” the tortilla shells over an open flame. Turn each shell over with kitchen tongs once brown spots appear.