- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Muir Glen diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and black pepper, To Taste
- 1-2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (10 ounce) box spaghetti, or pasta of choice, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled, for serving
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped, for serving
Heat 2 tablespoons oil into a skillet over medium heat. Add jalapeno and garlic. Sauté for 3 minutes. Add diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, sand and pepper. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer on low.
In a different skillet, add remaining oil and shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on medium-high for 5 minutes, until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
Pour tomato sauce over pasta. Add shrimp, feta cheese and cilantro.