- 2 beets
- 1 cup broad beans
- 2 meyer lemons, juiced
- 1/ 4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/ 4 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon orange peel powder, or orange zest
- salt and pepper, as needed
- 1 baguette, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/ 4 cup edible flowers, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Cover the beets in tin foil. Roast for 45- 50 minutes on a sheet pan. Make sure you can prick a fork all the way through them. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Once cooled, peel the beets and cube them.
Blend beets, and all ingredients except the flower petals in a food processor. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Meanwhile cut the baguette or bread you are using on a bias, or at an angle. Toast on a sheet pan for 5 minutes until crispy.
Spread the beet hummus on top of crostini. Sprinkle edible flower petals on top and anything else like sesame seeds or micro greens. Garnish with foliage and more flowers!