For the soup base
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups diced russet potato, peeled
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
Throw the above ingredients into a pot and bring to a boil; Once this has come to a boil and the potatoes are tender, remove from heat. Let cool for about 20 minutes. Once cooled, remove the bay leaves and add the mixture to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Return to pot, heat, and serve with garnishes.
For the garnishes
- 6 small shiitake mushrooms, sliced in half (with stems)
- 5 shallots, peeled and sliced in half fresh thyme fresh rosemary good olive oil black pepper
Toss the mushrooms and shallots in a small amount of oil and roast in a 350 degree F oven, face side down, for about 30 minutes until caramelized. Place a few pieces on top of each bowl of soup. Next, drizzle with good olive oil (smoked is ideal!), crack fresh black pepper on top, stud with fresh rosemary and thyme and serve.