Black Bean and Roasted Sweet Potato Burrito Bowls
- 1 sweet potato, peeled, chopped into 1-1 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 2 cups cooked rice
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
On a lined baking sheet, add sweet potatoes. Dizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, add cumin, coriander, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
Add peppers, and onions to a mixing bowl with the remaining oil. Toss to mix, set aside.
Remove sweet potatoes from oven and toss to make sure they cook evenly. Add pepper and onions and return to oven for an additional 15 minutes.
In a medium-sized pan add black beans, cook at medium heat. Add in lime juice and stir. Heat for about 5 minutes.
To assemble the burrito bowl, start with 1/2 cup of cooked rice in each bowl, then add peppers, onions, sweet potatoes, and warmed black beans. Drizzle with creamy maple garlic sauce (optional), serve immediately.