"Rainbow sandwich loaded with cashew cream, red cabbage sauerkraut, avocado, tomato, yellow capsicum, microgreens and kale"
Recipe Intro From marinadwright
This recipe is featured in our Weekly Gluten Free Meal Planner Email Newsletter. Sign up for the meal plan here to have 6 great dinner recipes and a fun weekend bonus (along with a full shopping list) delivered to your inbox every Sunday!
Prep time 15mins
Serves or Makes: 2
- 4 slices gluten free bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons cashew cream, recipe below
- 1/ 2 avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/ 2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/ 2 cup red cabbage sauerkraut
- 1/ 2 cup kale, ribs removed and leaves torn
- 1/ 2 cup microgreens
Spread cashew cream on 2 slices of bread. Layer with avocado, tomato, yellow bell pepper, sauerkraut, kale, and microgreens.
For the Cashew Cream
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water for 4-5 hours and rinsed
- 1/ 2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/ 2 clove garlic
To Make the Cashew Cream
Place drained cashews and water in a high speed blender and blend until completely smooth, about 2 minutes. Drizzle a little bit of lemon juice, then add salt and garlic. Puree until smooth.