- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/ 2 cup curd (plain yogurt)
- 2 teaspoon refined oil (such as liquid coconut oil or canola)
- Water, as needed
- Fresh chopped cilantro or mint, for garnish (optional)
- Melted ghee or butter, for serving (optional)
Whisk flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar in a medium bowl.
Add curd/yogurt, oil, and gradually add as much water as needed (about 1/2 cup) to bring dough together. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough until smooth, about 3 minutes. Cover with a wet cloth. Let rest for 2 hours.
Using a bench knife, cut dough into 4-8 pieces, then roll into balls. Roll on a liberally floured surface to approximately 1/4" thick.
Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Cook each piece of naan for 2-3 minutes on each side, until desired level of char is achieved.
Remove from heat. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro or mint and spread with ghee or butter, if using. Serve with dal or curry of your choice.
Recipe by Feedfeed community member Tina Chakraborty @lettuce24