We love a recipe that caters to all audiences. This Pineapple Ginger Punch can be enjoyed as a mocktail or as a cocktail, making it a crowd-pleaser. Del Monte® Deluxe Gold® Pineapple Tidbits are blended into the mix, giving it a vibrant color and naturally-sweet flavor. For an additional pop of color, garnish your glass with Del Monte® Deluxe Gold® Pineapple Slices.
Note: To enjoy more time with guests, prepare and refrigerate the pineapple-ginger purée up to 24 hours in advance. To make this punch even more punchy, use alcoholic ginger beer and add a generous splash of rum before serving.
- 1 (20 ounce) can Del Monte® Deluxe Gold® Pineapple Tidbits
- 1 3-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 3-inch piece fresh turmeric, peeled and roughly chpped
- 3 grinds fresh black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can non-alcoholic ginger beer, cold
- 1 liter sparkling water, cold
- 1 (20 ounce) can Del Monte® Deluxe Gold® Pineapple Slices, juice drained and reserved
Add the entire can Pineapple Tidbits in Juice to a high-speed blender along with ginger, turmeric, and black pepper. Purée on medium-high speed for 1 minute, until smooth.
If making ahead, refrigerate the blended ingredients up to 24 hours in advance.
Pour pineapple mixture into a large pitcher. Reserve six (6) Pineapple Slices in Juice, then add remaining slices and juice to the pitcher. Add ginger beer, and sparkling water to the pitcher and stir to combine.
Cut a slit in the reserved Pineapple Slices and top the rim of each glass. Serve punch in glasses with a straw for easy stirring and sipping!