- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/ 2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28-ounce can Muir Glen Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, diced, seeds removed
- 1/ 4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons harissa paste
- 2 teaspoons Muir Glen Tomato Paste
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/ 2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 14.5-ounce can white beans
- 4 large eggs
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled, for garnish
- cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- bread, for serving
Heat olive oil in a deep-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic to the pan, cook until the onions are translucent.
Stir in the Muir Glen Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, bell pepper, Parmesan cheese, harissa, Muir Glen Tomato Paste, paprika, cumin, and ½ teaspoon salt. Season with pepper to taste. Bring the sauce to a simmer, then stir in the beans. Use the back of a spoon to create little pockets in the sauce, then gently break an egg in each pocket. Season the eggs with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, spooning a little sauce onto the whites around the edges.
Cover, lower heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to the desired level of doneness. Top with feta and cilantro. Serve immediately with bread.