- 1 pound pasta, of choice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Muir Glen diced tomatoes
- 1/ 2 white onion, diced
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 1/ 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 1/ 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, or olive oil
- 1/ 4 cup roughly chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, plus 1/4 cup water to thicken as needed
- Salt and black pepper, To Taste
Add all ingredients except basil and cornstarch to a large pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and stir constantly to prevent sticking. Once most of the liquid has been absorbed, stir in cornstarch mixture a little at a time in order to achieve desired thickness. You may not need the entire mixture. Stir in basil and mix to combine.
Serve in bowls, garnished with more fresh basil.