For the Carrots
- 1 bunch small carrots, washed and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, or honey
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Flaked sea salt
- Black pepper
For the Tahini Sauce
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dukkah
- 1 tablespoon dried goji berries, or barberries
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Place baby carrots on a large baking sheet. Add oil, syrup and spices. Toss to coat evenly. Cook for 20 minutes, until tender and golden brown.
Meanwhile, combine tahini, lemon juice, water and olive oil in a jar. Shake well until incorporated into a creamy sauce. Add water if needed. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Place cooked carrots onto a serving plate. Top with tahini sauce, parsley, dukkah and goji berries.