Fritters almost ALWAYS contain gluten and are rarely vegan. This recipe uses GF grains and avocado/cashew aioli to make it NOBREAD approved!
This recipe was featured in our Vegan Weekly Meal Plan Newsletter - Looking for dinner ideas? Sign up here!
Ingredients for zucchini pancake:
4 small zucchinis, about 4 cups
2 large carrots, grated
2 green onions, sliced
1 cup rolled oats/ quinoa or buckweed, ground in a vitamix to make flour
1/4 cup black sesame seeds
2 tbsp choppes dill
1/2 tsp salt( i used himalayan)
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground pepper
Ingredients for avocado and cashew aoli:
1 cup cashews
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup of lemon juice
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Zest of 1 lemon
1/4 tsp salt
Instructions for avocade and cashew aoli:
1. Soak the cashews overnight in fresh water.
2. Drain cashews next day and combine alongside the other ingredients and puree until smooth.
3. Adjust more water and seasoning to taste and keep in refrigerator for 5 days.
Instructions for zucchini pancake:
1. Grate the zucchinis and sprinkle them with salt, drain in colander for about 20 min.
2. Combine carrot, onion, dill, sesame seeds, flour and spices in a bowl.
3. Squeeze zucchini to remove extra water and add to the mix, combine thoroughly.
4. Heat pan to medium and add a splash of avocado/coconut oil.
5. Take about 2 tbsp of mix and flatten in your palms making a thin pancake shape.
6. Cook them for about 1-2 min per side, or until crisp and golden, adding more oil as needed.