- 1 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for cooking
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon cumin
- Black pepper, To Taste
- 1 head broccoli, blanched and chopped into florets
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 chili pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1 cup assorted roasted vegetables, chopped, optional
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons chives, chopped
In a large bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, water, olive oil, salt, cumin, and black pepper. Set aside for 30 minutes. You may also make this mixture a day ahead and store, covered, in the fridge, overnight.
Stir all vegetables and herbs into the batter. Heat a heavy bottomed pan, on the stovetop, over medium heat. Drizzle with olive oil. Spoon 1/4 cup batter onto the pan to make each fritter. Cook on each side until golden, about 3 minutes per side.
Serve immediately. Can easily be reheated or frozen and saved for an evening when you're even more pressed for time.