- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/ 2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/ 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 green onions, chopped for garnish
In a medium stock pot, add the vegetable broth, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and spices. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
Add in mushrooms and simmer for 5 minutes.
Slowly pour in beaten eggs, stirring the soup in a clockwise direction. The eggs will spread out into ribbons. Garnish with green onions.