- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 heaping tablespoons sunflower butter
- 4 teaspoons sweet chili sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package rice noodles
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 (10-ounce) package tofu, drained and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 pinch of crushed red pepper lakes
- 1 avocado, sliced
Add the tofu to a large mixing bowl. Add 2 teaspoons of sweet chili sauce and some hot pepper flakes if you prefer more of a kick.
In a large skillet on medium high heat, add the oil. Once heated, add the the tofu and pan fry until all sides are golden and crispy, 2-3 minutes per side. Once cooked, remove from the skillet and onto a paper towel lined plate.
To make the sauce, add the tamari, vinegar, sunflower butter, remaining sweet chili sauce, ginger and sesame oil in a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake until well combined. Set aside.
Cook rice noodles according to package. Drain the noodles and rinse under cold water and add to a large mixing bowl. Pour sauce over noodles and toss well to combine.
Top with cucumbers, avocado and sesame seeds. If you want more spice, sprinkle the bowl with red pepper flakes or add a little chili oil. Enjoy!