- 1/ 4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 anchovy filets
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup Imagery Chardonnay
- 2 (8 oz) bottles clam juice
- 1 (28oz can) crushed tomatoes
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/ 3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 1/ 2 pound cod loins, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 10 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 large sea scallops
- 15 mussels, cleaned
- 15 little neck clams, cleaned
In a large pot or skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the crushed red pepper, anchovies, garlic and bay leaf.
Let the anchovies melt into the olive oil. Add the celery and onion and let cook for a few minutes until they soften.
Add the wine, stock, tomatoes and fresh thyme and bring to a boil. Reduce and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the cod and simmer for five minutes, trying not to stir so the fish doesn’t break up.
Add the shrimp, scallops, clams and mussels and cover the pot. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until the seafood is cooked and the clam and mussel shells open.
Remove the lid (discard any that did not open). Sprinkle with parsley and serve with crusty bread.