- 5 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups mini meatballs, cooked, store bought or homemade
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/ 2 cup Parmesan, grated, divided
- 1 1/ 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 pound rigatoni, with ridges, cooked according to package directions until al dente
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 balls burrata cheese
- Basil, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Lightly butter a 9x13 baking dish. Heat the marinara sauce in a pan and add the meatballs to warm up.
Make the ricotta filling: Stir the ricotta, 1/4 cup Parmesan and salt together in a bowl; set aside.
Drain pasta and put in pot you cooked it in. Add 3 cups sauce and stir until pasta is well-coated. Taste and season with salt and black pepper as needed. Add ricotta mixture and fold in.
Transfer half the pasta to prepared pan and spread in an even layer. Layer half of the mini meatballs on top. Evenly sprinkle with half of the mozzarella. Top with the remaining pasta in an even layer. Add the rest of the meatballs. Pour the remaining sauce over the pasta and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle the surface evenly with the remaining mozzarella and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.
Bake uncovered until the edges are bubbling and the cheese is completely melted and browned in spots, about 30 minutes. Remove the baking dish to a wire rack and break apart the Burrata cheese on top. Garnish with fresh basil.