- 2 pounds squid, fresh cleaned, cut into rings and lightly salted
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 red chilies, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 pineapple, cut into squares
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon roasted chili paste
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, zest and juiced
- 2 inch thinly grated ginger
- 1 bunch cilantro, thinly cut
Make your dressing by mixing all ingredients into a large bowl. Cut your pineapple into squares and mix through the dressing. Leave to marinate while you prepare the rest of the salad.
On a medium - high heat in a large fry pan with two tablespoons of olive oil, fry half of your squid for 2.5 minutes on each side. Set to the side then cook the remainder of the squid. Add a little more olive oil if needed.
In the same pan on a medium - high heat, cook half of your pineapple with a small amount of the dressing. Set to the side and repeat with the remainder of the pineapple.
Assemble your salad by mixing through the pineapple, squid, cucumber and red onion. Sprinkle over the chili and coriander and the remainder of the dressing. Serve on its own or with some rice. This salad is also great served cold if you want to make it ahead of time.