For the Smoky Chipotle Red Beans
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/ 2 teaspoon salt, plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/ 4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/ 4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- pinch dried oregano
- pinch garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans
To Make the Smoky Chipotle Red Beans
Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, celery and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Sauté until the onion is softened.
Add the minced garlic, smoked paprika, chipotle powder, ground cumin, dried thyme, black pepper, bay leaves, oregano, garlic powder and a pinch of salt. Sauté 1 minute, then add tomato paste and vinegar. Mix well.
Add 1 1/2 cups water and simmer until thickened.
Remove the bay leaves and mix in kidney beans. Simmer until beans are hot.
For the Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/ 4 cup chopped cilantro
To Make the Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until roughly the texture of rice.
Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion, shallot and garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add cauliflower rice, salt and pepper to taste.
Add lime juice and cilantro and sauté on high, stirring, until cauliflower is very tender.
For the Burrito Bowls
- 3 ears corn, halved
- 3 bell peppers, sliced `
- Olive oil
To Make the Burrito Bowls
Roast the corn directly on the stovetop flame, turning often, until slightly charred.
Heat a drizzle of oil in a sauté pan and add peppers. Cook until softened.
Divide all ingredients equally between bowls to serve.