Summer means tomatoes, take advantage of the fruits of summer with this herby Za'atar tomato salad. Naturally gluten free and easily made to be vegan. This bright and colorful salad is the perfect desk lunch!
- 1/ 4 cup greek yogurt, or yogurt of choice
- 2 tablespoons Persian cucumber, grated
- 3 medium heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedgets
- 1/ 4 cup crumbled feta, or salty crumbly vegan cheese of choice
- 1/ 4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon zataar
- Fresh ground black pepper and flaky salt to taste
- Herbs for garnish, (dill, mint, parsley, chives)
Add grated cucumber and yogurt to a small bowl, mix until combined. Season with salt to taste.
Spread out yogurt in a thin layer on a plate or serving platter. Add tomato on top of the yogurt and top with feta and red onion. Drizzle with olive oil and red wine vinegar. Sprinkle with zataar , black pepper and flaky salt. Garnish with fresh herbs