This recipe is featured in our Weekly Meal Planner Email Newsletter. Sign up for the meal plan here to have 6 great dinner recipes and a fun weekend bonus (along with a full shopping list) delivered to your inbox every Sunday!
These loaded nachos are so versatile! Use whatever protein you have on hand, whether it's ground beef, pulled pork or crumbled tofu. Top it off with crunchy veg, a little sour cream and cheese and you're in business!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey, or protein of choice
- 1/ 2 large yellow onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 12 ounces tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar and jack cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1/ 2 cup corn kernels, frozen or roasted
- 1/ 4 cup radish, thinly sliced
- 1/ 4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/ 4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/ 4 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
Preheat oven 375˚F. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
Add garlic and cook an additional minute. Add ground beef or turkey, and cook, breaking up the meat with a fork. Cook until meat is browned, 4-6 minutes.
Stir in taco seasoning and water. Cook until liquid is reduced by half, remove from heat, and set aside.
Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil. Spread out tortilla chips in a single layer. Add ground meat, shredded cheese and black beans. Bake about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and top with remaining ingredients. Enjoy!