You take the slice in the front, I'll take the piece in the back!!
This recipe was featured in our Vegan Weekly Meal Plan Newsletter - Looking for dinner ideas? Sign up here!
Makes one 9-inch tart
3/4 cup almonds
3/4 cup oats (gf if desired)
1 cup dates
2 tbsp coconut oil
4 tbsp water
3/4 cup soaked hazelnuts
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups blackberries
1/4 cup brown rice syrup
3 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp agar flakes
4 tsp arrowroot powder
1/2 cup blueberries
1 tbsp @organicburst acai powder
Garnish - 1/2 cup extra blackberries and strawberries, mint, violas
1. Lightly grease a tart tin. Pulse almonds and oats until crumbly then add dates, coco oil and water. Pulse until it starts to stick together. Add a little more water if too dry.
2. Press dough into your tart pan and pop in the freezer to set.
3. Add soaked hazelnuts, 2 cups water, 1 cup blackberries and vanilla to a blender. Process on high until smooth, then strain through a muslin, saving the blackberry milk.
4. To a small pan, add rice syrup, maple syrup, agar flakes and the blackberry hazelnut milk. Simmer gently for around 10 mins.
5. Meanwhile, add remaining blackberries to your blender, along with blueberries, strawberries and a tbsp of acai powder. Blend with a 1/4 cup water until a smooth purée.
6. In a small bowl, mix arrowroot with 4 tsp water and add to your pan of simmering hazelnut milk. Whisk until it starts to thicken, then remove from the heat. Allow to cool a little (until it stops steaming) then stir though your berry purée.
6. Pour into your tart shell and pop in the fridge to set. Top with berries drizzled with lemon juice and rice syrup before serving.