- 1 pound ground chorizo sausage
- 1 poblano pepper, diced small
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced, seeds removed if desired
- 1/ 2 onion, diced small
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Muir Glen Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/ 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/ 4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Cilantro, optional, for topping
- Avocado, optional, for topping
- Cotija cheese, optional, for topping
- Lime, juiced, optional
- Tortillas, optional, for serving
Cook the chorizo in a large skillet until browned. Drain the grease and set aside the sausage.
Using the same pan, sauté peppers and onion for 5-6 minutes, until onion is translucent and tender. Add one can tomatoes and the sausage. Cook on low.
In a blender or food processor, blend second can of tomatoes and all spices. Once combined, pour into skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Make 6 small "nests" in tomato mixture, allowing enough room for the tomato to encase the sides of the egg. Pour 1 egg gently into each nest, simmering on medium-low heat until whites are cooked.
Remove from heat and garnish with desired toppings. Serve with your favorite tortilla.