- 2 1/ 2 pounds beef chuck roast, fat trimmed
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/ 2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Muir Glen diced tomatoes
- 1/ 2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3/ 4 cup tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 packages gnocchi, cooked according to package directions
- Parsley, for serving
- Parmesan, freshly grated, for serving
Preheat oven to 325ºF. Rub beef with salt, pepper and thyme. Set in dutch oven. Pour in diced tomatoes. Add onion and garlic. Pour tomato juice over everything.
Cover dutch oven and cook for about 2 hours, or until a meat thermometer registers 145 to 160ºF. Once the beef is done, shred it and stir everything together in the pot. Taste and add extra seasoning if desired.
Melt butter over low heat in a pot. Add in gnocchi, stirring to coat.
Divide gnocchi and beef between bowls. Top with fresh parsley and Parmesan. Store leftovers, covered, in the fridge for up to 5 days.