- 4 ears corn, with kernels removed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, divided
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/ 2 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1/ 2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Tajin, optional, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
In a large cast iron skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add in the corn kernels plus ½ teaspoon salt and black pepper. Cook the corn kernels until they are softened and get a nice char, about 10 minutes.
Place the cooked corn into a large bowl and add in additional salt and pepper, plus mayonnaise, melted butter, crumbled cotija cheese, cilantro, chili powder, and lime juice. Mix until well combined.
Serve with a sprinkle of Tajin on top plus lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!