This toast looks to pretty to eat... BUT it's too delicious to resist! This checkered toast trend allegedly started at Davelle in New York City, but home cooks are now taking to social media with their own takes on this aesthetically pleasing dish. For mine, I used matcha milk jam and ricotta cheese as the base, with dollops of strawberry jam and yuzu marmalade. I then topped it with some fresh cherries. Feel free to checker whatever jams and combinations your heart desires! You could do nut butters and jam, cream cheese and salmon, go crazy :)
- 1 large slice toast, such as sourdough
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons matcha milk jam
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon yuzu marmalade (or any yellow jam/marmalade)
- 6 cherries, pitted, stems removed, and cut in half
Prepare the toast. Using the back of a spoon or an icing spreader, carefully spread small dollops of ricotta and matcha milk jam in an alternating pattern on the toast.
Using a small spoon, drop small dollops of the strawberry jam and yuzu marmalade in alternating patterns sporadically on top of the ricotta & matcha jam.
Place cherry halves sporadically on top. Enjoy!