If you're a fan of cauliflower, then you will love this easy salad! The addition of salty-briny olives, chickpeas, naturally sweetened dates, and a dash of tangy red wine vinegar dressing makes a bright and flavorful base for any of your favorite proteins-try adding shrimp, chicken, seitan, or tofu to balance it out.
- 1 cauliflower head, broken into florets
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/ 3 cups pitted dates, chopped
- 1/ 4 cups Castelvetrano olives, pitted and torn
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/ 2 cups parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Toasted almonds for serving
Preheat an air fryer to 390° F. If using an oven, preheat to 400° F (convection) and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
Toss the cauliflower and chickpeas with 2 tbsp olive oil, the smoked paprika and season generously with salt and pepper.
Air fry for 15-17 minutes, shaking the basket every 5 min or so, until crisp and just tender. For oven, bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and crisp on the edges.
Meanwhile, stir together the minced shallot, dates, olives, capers, parsley and red wine vinegar.
Add the roasted cauliflower/chickpeas and finish with a drizzle of the remaining olive oil and chopped toasted almonds.