- 1/ 2 pound lean ground pork
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Fennel Seeds, crushed
- 1/ 2 teaspoon Simply Organic Crushed Red Pepper,
- 1/ 4 teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Nutmeg
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound mixed wild mushrooms, washed, trimmed, and sliced (such as shiitakes, porcini, chanterelle, and/or crimini)
- 1 sliced shallots (2–3 shallots)
- 3 celery ribs, minced
- 2 cups chopped swiss chard or kale
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh Sage
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1/ 2 pound cubed sourdough bread, staled
- 1/ 2 cup cubed hearty multigrain bread, staled
- 1/ 2 cup chopped parsley, more for garnish
- 1 teaspoons minced lemon zest
- 1 1/ 4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
Arrange oven rack to middle position and heat to 350°. Coat a 3-quart or 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray or butter.
Cook pork in a sauté pan over medium heat until cooked through, about 4 minutes. Stir in fennel seeds, pepper flakes, and nutmeg, cook 1 minute; season with salt and black pepper and transfer to a large bowl.
Heat butter and oil in the now empty sauté pan over medium-high heat, add mushrooms and shallots and cook until liquid is released and evaporated and mushrooms are browned 10–12 minutes.
Stir in celery and cook 2 minutes. Stir in chard, sage, and garlic and cook 30 seconds. Deglaze pan with lemon juice then transfer to bowl with pork; season with salt and pepper.
Add bread, parsley, and zest to bowl with mushrooms and pork and toss to combine.
Whisk together broth and eggs then pour over bread mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
Transfer dressing to the prepared baking dish and cover tightly with a piece of foil lightly sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake dressing, covered, 20 minutes. Remove foil from dish and continue baking dressing for 30–40 more minutes until top is golden brown and edges are crisp.
Let dressing cool 5 minutes, sprinkle with additional chopped parsley and serve.