- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk, or other non-dairy alternative
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon dried apricots, soaked in water for 15 minutes
- 2 bananas, 1 mashed and 1 halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, or rice flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
Stir oats, almond milk and dried apricots together in a bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
Mash 1 banana, then add eggs, flours and the oat mixture. Pour out the dough into prepared pan. Top with sliced banana. Bake until golden brown, about 45 minutes. Let cool on rack.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or cut and place in the freezer. For a sweeter variation - sugar or some other dried fruits could be added .