Crispy, Oven-Baked Mushroom Fries with Spicy, Creamy Tahini dip
- 10 ounces king oyster mushrooms, cleaned with damp towel and cut into stick shapes
- 1 can aquafaba - chickpeas liquid
- Panko breadcrumbs, - substitute with gluten free breadcrumbs if needed
- 3/4 cups rice flour
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour/starch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt and dash of white pepper
- Oil, for brushing
Spicy creamy tahini dip
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon tamari
To make the mushrooms fries:
Mix flours in a bowl with salt and white pepper, set aside.
Place aquafaba and breadcrumbs on separate plates. Preheat oven to 475F and lightly brush a sheet pan with oil, set aside.
Dip mushrooms in this sequence: 1. Aquafaba 2. Flour 3. Aqufaba 4. Breadcrumbs
Place them on the sheet pan, and repeat until all mushrooms are done. Bake for 12-13mins, flip and bake for another 12-13mins, turn broiler to low, broil for another 5mins.
To make the tahini dip:
Mix all ingredients until well combined. You may notice that tahini does not blend well, continue stirring and add additional water slowly if it's too thick