- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/ 2 cup protein powder
- 1/ 4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/ 3 cup maple syrup
- 1/ 3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/ 4 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed, mixed with 2 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1/ 2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/ 2 teaspoon coconut oil
Preheat oven to 350ºF and lightly grease donut pan.
Ina mixing bowl, combine almond flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix in the maple syrup, coconut oil, flax egg and almond milk.
Add about 2 heaping tablespoons of the dough into each donut pan or until they are all filled. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for about 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
To make the chocolate icing, melt together the chocolate chips and 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil. Drizzle it on the cooled donuts. Garnish with cacao nibs if desired. Enjoy!