"What’s your favorite winter salad? I know that if I were to go with only local seasonal produce - it would have been a salad of cabbage, kale and roots. Which is perfectly fine - cus you can make wonders with those three! But if you just look a little further and allow yourself to buy what’s in season in the rest of Europe, you get radicchio, fennel, grapefruit and oranges So yum together!"
Grapefruit Orange Shaved Radicchio and Fennel Salad
Prep time 15mins
Add ingredients directly to your favorite online grocery cart (where available).
- 1 orange, peeled and pith removed, sliced
- 2 blood oranges, peeled and pith removed, sliced
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and pith removed, sliced
- 1/ 4 pound smoked salmon, sliced
- 1/ 2 head radicchio, shaved
- 1/ 2 fennel bulb, shaved
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/ 2 tablespoon mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pistachios, chopped
- 1 teaspoon toasted buckwheat
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil, to taste
Layer the oranges, salmon, radicchio, fennel, avocado and mint on a platter, drizzle with olive oil. Add pistachios, buckwheat, sesame seeds and season with salt and pepper.