Meet your new favorite side dish! We used Cascadian Farm Riced Cauliflower Blend with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Kale to make these quick & easy fritters. Paired with a herby yogurt sauce, these make a great side dish or appetizer. The best part? You can stash the whole batch in the freezer and defrost them one at a time for a quick & easy meal on the go.
For the Fritters:
- 1 (12 oz.) bag Cascadian Farm Organic Rice Cauliflower Blend with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Kale
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour (can be gluten free, if needed)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, as needed, for frying
For the Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/2 cup full fat greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Toppings: Smoked Salmon (optional, for serving)
Steam the Cascadian Farm Organic Rice Cauliflower Blend with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Kale according to microwave instructions on the bag. Let cool for at least 5 minutes.
Once cool add to a large bowl and stir in the eggs, parmesan, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
Sprinkle the flour over the cauliflower mixture and stir gently until well distributed.
In a large skillet add enough olive to cover the bottom of the pan and heat to a shimmer. Add 2 tbsp of the fritter batter to the skillet, flattening the mounds with the back of a spoon. Cook for about 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
Place fritters on a sheet pan lined with a cooling rack to let cool slightly and let any excess oil drip off.
Meanwhile, mix yogurt, lime juice, salt, pepper, and cilantro in a small bowl and stir until combined.
Serve the fritters with the yogurt sauce and smoked salmon (if desired). Once completely cool, leftovers can be stored in a airtight container or freezer-safe bag in the fridge for up to three months.
To reheat, place in the 350˚F oven for about 10 minutes.