We are using DeLallo Foods to make pasta salad three ways! Here we are using Organic Whole Wheat Pasta in this sweet, salty, spicy and savory number. It's filled with fresh figs, juicy canteloupe, rich prosciutto and a slightly spicy fig balsamic dressing.
- 1 lb DeLallo Organic Whole-Wheat Penne Rigate
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp DeLallo Fig Spread
- 1/ 4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/ 2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/ 2 (5 oz) package DeLallo Premium Prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup quartered fresh or dried figs
- 2 cups balled or diced cantaloupe
- 1 cup diced DeLallo Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, then toss with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
Add the fig spread, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and cayenne pepper to a large bowl, whisk until smooth, then add pasta and toss until well coated.
Stir in the prosciutto, figs, cantaloupe, mozzarella cheese and mint. Season to taste with salt and pepper and let chill for at least 1 hour before serving.