- 1/ 3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/ 4 cup apple sauce
- 1/ 3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/ 4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/ 2 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/ 2 cup vegan chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a cast-iron skillet.
In a large bowl, whisk together peanut butter, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
Sift in flour, baking powder + baking soda, and salt. Fold to combine, then add in chocolate and mix until incorporated.
Pour the batter into the skillet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the center is cooked through. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.