- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 11/2 teaspoons allspice mix
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 small bananas
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup roughly chopped walnut
- 2 cups grated or finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup raisin
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup pistachio
- 11/2 teaspooon apple cider vinegar
For the cream cheese frosting
- 175 g dairy-free 'cream cheese'
- 1 cup icing sugar
Preheat the oven for 175 C degree. Prepare a rectangular baking tray with grease paper.
Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and spices in a bowl.
n a separate bowl, add the olive oil banana and sugar. Use a hand blender to make into a smooth batter. Add the carrots, nuts and remaining ingredients then gently mix with the flour.
Pour the mixture into the tray and bake for 40 minutes.
Prepare the glaze by combining the dairy-free cream cheese with the icing sugar. (It's more like a runny frosting, but less sugary) Chill it for a few hours to set.
Once your cake is thoroughly cooled, pour the glazing over and sprinkle some chopped nuts on the top.