This recipe is featured in our Weekly Meal Planner here!
- 1 fresh pizza crust, unbaked (homemade or store bought)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1 cup fresh tomato puree
- 3/ 4 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 marinated cherry peppers, rinsed and sliced
- 1/ 2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 4 large eggs
Preheat oven to 500˚F. Heat butter and 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat until foaming.
Add onions, 1 tsp. salt, ½ tsp. pepper, and 1 tsp. dried oregano. Cook slowly, adjusting heat as necessary, until onions caramelize but do not burn, about 15 minutes. Transfer onions to a bowl and set aside to cool.
Return sauté pan to heat and add 1 Tbsp. olive oil; heat until shimmering. Quickly sauté kale with remaining salt and pepper; cook kale for only 2-3 minutes to prevent a soggy pizza topping.
Assemble the pizza by first brushing remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil on a baking sheet and spreading dough in a 12”x10” rectangle. Layer pizza toppings: remaining oregano, tomato sauce, cheese, caramelized onions, sliced peppers, sautéed kale, and a sprinkling of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Create four faint dents to place eggs after prebaking.
Bake pizza for 4 minutes, then remove from oven. Crack one egg into a small prep bowl and carefully pour each egg, one at a time, into each of the four dents in the topping.
Return pizza to oven for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until crust is browned, kale is crispy, and eggs are cooked to desired doneness. Slice and enjoy!