- 1 cup pepitas-green pumpkin seeds
- 8 large Roma tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/ 2 large yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 canned chipotle pepper and 1 tbsp. adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oven to 400. Spread the pepitas-green pumpkin seeds, in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Toast until the pepitas start to brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
In a food processor, add the tomatoes, onions and garlic and pulse to coarsely chop. Put the tomato mixture in a large bowl, then add the minced cilantro, cumin, coriander, chili powder, chipotle, lime juice, sugar, and olive oil. Stir to combine. Roughly chop the toasted pepitas and stir into the salsa.
Serve with fresh lime wedges and chips or chicharrones-fried pork rinds.