- 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 2/ 3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/ 3 cups oat flour
- 1/ 4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/ 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/ 4 cup chocolate chips, or chopped dark chocolate
- Flaked salt
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla, mixing until incorporated.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the oats, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Add to butter mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Cover and chill the dough for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Scoop tablespoonfuls of dough. Spread out on the prepared pan. Press extra chocolate chips on top, if desired. Bake for 12 minutes, then remove from oven and let cool while you bake the remaining dough.
Sprinkle with flay salt while still warm.