It's corn! But really, it is sooo much more than that. Canned corn and creamed corn add layers of texture and sweetness, while sour cream and creme fraiche add a tart flavor acidity to lift this fluffy-yet-custardy scoopable side.
- 2/ 3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/ 4 cup cornmeal
- 1/ 4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/ 8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, strained
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1/ 2 cup sour cream
- 1/ 2 cup crème fraîche, plus more for optional garnish
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
Add flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, pepper, and coconut oil to a mixer. Mix on low until combined.
Add corn, creamed corn, sour cream, crème fraîche, egg, and butter. Continue mixing on low to combine.
Butter a 9-inch oval casserole (1.5 quart) dish. Transfer corn pudding mixture to dish. Bake for 1 hour, until edges are golden. Allow to cool and set for 30 minutes before scooping and serving warm, garnished option small dollop crème fraîche.