Corn Pudding Casserole
Recipe Intro From threebirdsonestove
It's corn! But really, it is sooo much more than that. Canned corn and creamed corn add layers of texture and sweetness, while sour cream and creme fraiche add a tart flavor acidity to lift this fluffy-yet-custardy scoopable side.
Prep time 20mins
Cook time 1hr
Serves or Makes: 10 Servings
- 2/ 3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/ 4 cup cornmeal
- 1/ 4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/ 8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, strained
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1/ 2 cup sour cream
- 1/ 2 cup crème fraîche, plus more for optional garnish
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
Add flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, pepper, and coconut oil to a mixer. Mix on low until combined.
Add corn, creamed corn, sour cream, crème fraîche, egg, and butter. Continue mixing on low to combine.
Butter a 9-inch oval casserole (1.5 quart) dish. Transfer corn pudding mixture to dish. Bake for 1 hour, until edges are golden. Allow to cool and set for 30 minutes before scooping and serving warm, garnished option small dollop crème fraîche.