"This creamy, celeriac & parsley soup is one of my favourites and I hope that you will give it a try."
Parsley Celeriac Soup
More from @thisisvirginie
Prep time 20mins
Cook time 25mins
Serves or Makes: 2
- 1 large celeriac, peeled and cubed
- 5 3/ 4 cups parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock, or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche, or coconut yogurt for a vegan option
- Black pepper
In a saucepan, gently heat the olive oil and cook the shallot and garlic. You want them to soften not brown.
Add the parsley and the celeriac. Pour the stock into the pan and leave to simmer for 20 minutes. Blend to desired consistency
Season to taste and serve in bowls with a teaspoon of crème fraîche, a few parsley leaves to garnish and a couple of turns on the black pepper grinder.