- 1 large butternut squash, halved lengthwise and seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bulb garlic, peeled
- 3 portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 cups chestnut mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Black pepper
- 1 Handful parsley, chopped
- 6 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons rapeseed oil
- 6 leaves sage
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Lay butternut squash in a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and scatter garlic cloves around. Turn squash over to coat. Roast for 1 1/2 hours, until easily pierced by a knife.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook mushrooms, gently stirring, for about 8 minutes.
Once the mushrooms are cooked, scoop some butternut squash onto a plate and pour the mushrooms on the top. Season with salt and pepper to your liking and add the fresh chopped parsley.
Pour rapeseed oil and sage into a small saucepan over high heat. Cook for up to 1 minute, until sage is crispy. Serve on top of mushrooms.