- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 2 yellow squash, diced
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (10 ounce can) Tomato Love Original Diced Tomatoes + Green Chilies
- 1 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 4 bell peppers, halved lengthwise and de-seeded
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350F.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini, yellow squash, onion, and mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes. Season with dried oregano, dried basil, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in Tomato Love diced tomatoes with green chilies and cook for about 10 minutes.
Stir in cooked brown rice. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
Spoon the veggie and rice mixture into the pepper halves and arrange in a baking dish. Bake for about 30 minutes, until peppers are fork-tender. Enjoy!