- 1 pound (500 grams) fresh cherries
- 2/ 3 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (125 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/ 4 cup (300 ml) whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Generously butter a 9-inch (24-cm) round baking dish.
Wash and stem the cherries, but do not pit them. Dry them and place them in a single layer in the baking dish.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
In a small bowl, beat the eggs, then stir them into the flour. Pour in the milk and vanilla extract, whisking until it forms a uniform mixture.
Pour the batter evenly over the cherries.
Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, until the custard is just set. It will be puffed and brown. Clafoutis can be served warm, at room temperature or cold.