- 1 (5 oz) package butterhead lettuce
- 1 (5 oz) package arugula
- 1 thinly sliced watermelon radish
- 1 thinly sliced purple radish
- 1 thinly sliced green radish
- 3 rainbow carrots, shaved into ribbons, then shocked in an ice bath to set curl
- 1/ 2 cup thinly sliced on the bias snap peas
- 1/ 4 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 2 shallots, cut into rings
- 2 blood oranges, segmented
- 1/ 2 cup blood orange juice
- 1/ 2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- for garnish Microgreens
- for garnish Edible Flowers
For the marinated shallots
In a jar combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar and oregano. Add the shallots and leave to marinate on the counter for at least 2 hours.
For the vinaigrette
Remove the shallots from the olive oil and set aside. Combine the orange juice, olive oil, honey and a pinch of salt and pepper in a jar and shake well until thick and smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning.
To assemble the salad:
In a very large bowl, toss the lettuce and arugula with about 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette. Add half the radishes, carrots, peas, shallots and orange segments and toss.
Transfer to a platter. Arrange the remaining ingredients to create a colorful finish. Drizzle more vinaigrette and garnish with microgreens and edible flowers.