Here’s an inspired vegan option from @mollygraceate, substantial enough for an entrée with crunchy roasted chickpeas, sweet potatoes and walnuts.
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas, drained
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for roasting)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Handful of walnuts, part crushed/broken (easily done with your hands)
- Mixed leaves (I used spinach, rocket and watercress)
- Mixed seeds (optional)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400F.
Pour chickpeas onto baking sheet and coat in 1 tbsp of vegetable oil. Bake for 10 minutes.
Make the dressing by combining extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, wholegrain mustard, salt and pepper.
Once chickpeas have cooked for 10 minutes, add sweet potato discs to baking sheet. Coat everything in half tbsp vegetable oil and put back into the oven for 30 minutes.
In the final 10 minutes of cooking drizzle honey over the chickpeas and sweet potato (once cooked the chickpeas will be browned and crunchy, and the sweet potatoes soft if pierced with a fork)
Mix the cooked chickpeas and sweet potato with salad leaves and dressing (whilst everything is still hot). Place onto a serving dish before adding walnuts and mixed seeds (if using)